Friday, December 23, 2011

Birthday Boys as Christmas draws closer

Al and KT celebrate their birthday.
Can you imagine having your birthday so close to Christmas? Two of my bike buddies celebrated anther year of life at the Sandringham Yacht Club, just a few kms down the road from home. It always reminds me of the time back in 2006 when we spent an over night stay in Menton on the border of France and Italy.
We sat on the balcony of our hotel room overlooking the Mediterranean ocean. The scenes from the Sandy Yacht Club are very much the same.


No white Christmas for us in Melbourne - Blue skies, and 26 degrees predicted for Christmas Day. As I call it a day it's still 27C now with a low of 17C in the morning.

Monaco - no, just the Sandy Yacht Club.

How come this place is not crowded on such a lovely day - maybe they are doing the last of their Christmas shopping?

Two more sleeps before Santa arrives and people enjoy the beack with their children and dogs on the beach beside the Sandringham Yacht Club.
As Christmas draws closer (two more sleeps) we think of our son Andrew who is currently in Morocco. I know that many of you out there are also a long way from family at this time. A time for phone calls and emails and maybe a call on Skype.

4 comments:

  1. You get to Christmas before we do LOL.
    My neighbour here has her birthday on Christmas day, not much fun me thinks!! My ex was on the 31st Dec which was great, there was ALWAYS a party to go to so he could kiss all the girls at mid-night!
    Happy Holidays. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! These pics could be on the cote d'azure but as you say - where are those tourists??
    A very Merry Christmas Leo & Sue and I just know you will be feasting on the very best!
    Will definitely add you to my French blog - at the moment I'm away from my normal diggs and working from my new iPad - maybe will try it from here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane - It's 2.00 pm Xmas eve and family (Sue's side)arrive at 7.30 pm.
    Hope you both have a relaxing Christmas - will it be a white Christmas for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne,
    Most of the people were inside the near the bar when we arrived to celebrate the boys birthdays and it was such a great afternoon overlooking Port Phillip Bay.

    Sue and I will start posting pics that never made "Wednesdays in France" as from Jan 1 as a daily posting. I'm sure we can find 365 out of the 1000s we have. It will be in our side bar so you must pop in for a look and hopefully inspire you to return sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.