Friday, March 13, 2015

FUNKY FRIDAY

After three Funky Fridays I am now starting to feel very comfortable with Fridays - In the words of Julias Sumner "WHY IS IT SO".
Well let me explain - four weeks ago I discussed with my employer that I had not had a salary increase over the previous seven years. I'd calculated that with CPI increases over the period of 7 years, this equated to a four day week for the next 12 months. Do you know what - he agreed.
So now I am on a four day week and that makes for a three day weekend. I still look at emails, do the important stuff where required but now take time to do the things that are really important to me. This year I turn 65 - the things that are important are spending time with family, friends and relaxing the mind and body.

Having said that, the day started with a 100 kms ride with friends, completing a proposal for submission that needed to be posted today for a project that could mean a great swan song towards my retirement. Sue and I went shopping at IKEA and later bought a bottle of Prosecco for our traditional Champagne Friday while our son Mitchell prepared dinner.



I think I'm warming to my four day working week.

It may even give me more opportunities to BLOG more often - something that has sadly been missed.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your extra time with family and friends. Strangely one of the things I miss most in retirement is the elation of that 'Friday evening feeling', until a friend pointed out that everyday is now a 'friday'!!
    Prosecco and a son cooking dinner... sounds good to me... ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.