Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Somethings Don't Change

Death and Taxes - I think I heard somewhere that everything changes except death and taxes.
You've heard me whinge about the changes happening around our local suburb. Increases in population and traffic due to the building of apartments in our area are several changes that really is causing concern.

So it was nice to be pleasantly surprised by such a simple commodity in the laundry. It was time to give my favorite shoes a bit of a spruce up. There it was - the KIWI shoe polish in the same tin that I remember as a child. It still has that little swivel propeller thing to open the can. Such a simple little thing brought a contented smile to my face to know that somethings don't change.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gaynor - what other things have endured the test of time from the Marketing people out there?

      Delete
  2. I remember that from my childhood in Canada, too, so perhaps it's a little thing that brings contentment worldwide!
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they still have the same KIWI tin in Canada Kay?

      Delete
  3. I don't like for change's sake either. If you have won customer loyalty with a product or package design, why change?.... unless there is a very good reason for doing so.

    My best example is tomato sauce. If it is labelled katsup or catsup, I won't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changes usually when a ne Marketing person comes into the job and needs to prove their worth - is that cynical Hels?

      Delete
  4. There is nothing better than Kiwi shoe polish. I am glad you are surviving Leon. I am sure Sue' food and lovin'care help a lot. Have you been watching the world cup at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege - Poor Sue is suffering from a cold as well and we keep waking each other during the night and sharing hot tea, lemon and honey concoctions in the early hours of morning

      Delete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.