Thursday, July 28, 2011

Friday Foto

Driving home from watching some friends racing at our indoor velodrome, I drove by the Collingwood Town Hall. Our early family grew up in this district and its surrounds in the late 1800s to the 1950s.
It was an area that thrived on manufacturing, especially the textile and shoe trade. Today these trades are virtually non-existent.

I took this photograph on my Samsung mobile phone. A friend of mine posts on his blog, exclusively on his iPhone - you'll see his blog on my side-bar.

Have to go now - it's almost pass my bed time.

Collingwood Town Hall, Hoddle St - 8.45 pm Thursday Night.

5 comments:

  1. Love this picture especially the way the lights are like large stars. Bonne nuit. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane,
    Sometimes I get the urge to just stop and take a photo most mostly we are in a hurry to get somewhere or traffic doesn't permit a stop.
    One reason to ride a bike more often maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bikes and photography are an excellent combination Mr Sims! I recommend them frequently.
    Nice shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very cool shot. I'm often surprised at just how good a shot I can get from my i-Phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo - the jaunty angle makes it more lively somehow !!

    ReplyDelete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.