Thursday, March 24, 2011

Funky Footy Friday

 I'm posting this Thursday night for Friday.
Footy - that's Australian Rules Football.

Now from the beginning I have to admit that I'm not a big fan, in fact I'm a fan of the anti-Football League.
As a kid I played footy - the only goal I ever scored was for the opposite team. My team mates were not impressed but I was quite excited that I actually got my boot to the ball.
I much prefer Lycra and cleated shoes than footy boots - oh yes and they hit each other, rather barbaric don't you agree.
Well, Melbourne goes footy crazy now until that "Sunday in September" when the grand final is played.
Give me the Paris Roubaix, the Giro. Le Tour where men are men, not buffoons giving each other a biffing occasionally. I say biff each other on the ascents of the European Cols.

Having said all of that - most of the population in Australia will talk nothing about footy for the next six months.

Thought I might post some vintage footy film which is actually a bit of good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.