Thursday, February 11, 2010

Funky Friday

Yes, Funky Friday has rolled around again and our weekend starts soon. I look at our calendar and see we are having dinner with friends on Saturday night. They want to us to offer some experiences of our trips to France. They tossing up between France (the Loire) and/or Spain.
It should be a good night!!!

Sunday will be difficult with a few choices - Bike racing, the MG Car Club's annual Concours de Elegance and it's Valentine's Day. Well, I wonder what the day will bring - maybe Monday's blog will have the answers.

I was in a quandary with this Funky Friday's subject. There were two unusual pictures I took around Melbourne during my travels this week. Tuesday morning I have a gym session in the Jewish district of Balaclava - it's both funky and traditional, but interesting. I've got know some of the locals and my after gym coffee is one of the best I've tasted. The place is run by a passionate coffee maker in a "hole in the wall" cafe.
Anyway, after finishing my coffee, I wandered back to my car and had the feeling I was being watched. I looked up above the overhanging veranda of the shop front and there he was. This sculptured man looking down towards me. I'm parked here every Tuesday morning and this is the first time I've seen him. I gave him a nod of recognition before driving off to work.



Two days later I was driving home through the same suburb and I noticed a very "funky" restored white van. Now recently there have been a few photos of white vans on the blogs that I regularly read but I think mine has much more character, don't you?

It's a bit fuzzy, but that's because I reached for my camera while travelling at 10 kph.
As we say here, "havagoodweekend".

3 comments:

  1. aaaah that blue sky.....

    Great van. The greengrocer used to deliver to all the little villages in Derbyshire in something like this when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jean, it (the van) does look very British, very pucka!!
    I hadn't noticed the blue sky so much, its allover the sky really. Ooops sorry. but I do like your snow. LOL!
    Never mind, we will be in France in March, what will it be like????
    We do have to get to the UK one day. We thought we might get to London for an overnight stay on this trip but not quite sure.
    Always enjoy your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leon & Sue,

    What will it be like in France in March you ask!!!!! Well right now it is freezing and we still have snow on the ground, it really does seem a very long winter this year and we have our fingers crossed that it will warm up a bit for your visit - just in case you had better pack thermal vests - do they have such an item in Auz? We are so envious of your hot summer days.

    See you soon - Carol & Michael

    ReplyDelete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.