Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Soft Drinks during the 60s and TV



Tarax, like Schweppes, Coca Cola was an iconic Australia soft Drink. It no longer exists but in its time it was just as popular as the others. Tarax sponsored the fast developing Australian television world and sporting events. I even went on a kid's program called the Tarax Show in the late 50s which was hosted by Uncle Norman and also the Happy Show with Happy Hammond and Princess Panda - I sent a request to go on the show and was selected as a contestant - think I may have been 7 or 8 and very dumb. I failed miserably in the quiz and was scarred for life.





AND a 16 year old Olivia Newton John gets her big break.




5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I remember the Tarax Show in the late 50s, very well. I didn't like Uncle Norman but I loved the Happy Show with Happy Hammond and Princess Panda. My primary school had a team of folk dancers and we were invited to perform twice on the Happy Show. I loved the excitement of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you perform on the on the Happy Show? Happy was a neighbor of ours when we lived in East Bentleigh in the 80s

      Delete
    2. I did.. twice! The school dance group was called Bon Ami and we had dresses that looked like square dance clothes. Sooooo 1958 :)

      How old was Happy Hammond when you were a neighbour? He must have been a good age by the 1980s.

      Delete
  2. How times do change and we all look so different :-) Hope your enjoying the sun! Take care Nigel and Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N&D = our weather is like the Crowded House song - 4 season in each day. I think the wrote the song about Melbourne.

      Delete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.