Friday, June 07, 2013

Funky Friday

Lurking out in the garage, hidden by all sorts of "other stuff" was our old turntable, amplifier and over 100 of our vinyl collection of music. CDs came along, and then the iPod and downloads. Vinyl became a thing of the past.

But many of the LPs were never re-issued as CDs. I rediscovered some old and pleasant memories. The turntable and amplifier came out of the garage and earphones were connected. I spent a pleasant afternoon listening to many forgotten artists.

Now where did I put those 78s and the gramophone.


4 comments:

  1. I think I read recently (probably on Facebook), that listening to music on LPs has a better sound quality than CDs, iPods... Time goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege - not sure if its better quality but these days my ears lack a little quality anyway - but the music to my ears on those LPs was better. Great music in that era. Lot of it out of California as well. The Doors which I'm listening to as I write this.

      Delete
  2. You sound like you had a lovely relaxing afternoon catching up with music you used to enjoy. Must have put you into quite a relaxed state of mind. Reminds me that I ought to listen to music more. An hour on the bed plugged into headphones used to unwind me deliciously. No vinyl though, my LP's were donated elsewhere in one of my many moves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vera - these days when I read your posts, I hear the music of the rural life which can't be all bad.

      Delete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.