Friday, April 01, 2011

Daryl Braithwaite - Saturday Song

Daryl Braithwaite was with one of Australia's most popular 70s bands. I never much liked Sherbert at the time, they were much too mainstream for me. I was into Dylan, blues and jazz. You never admitted to being into Top 40. (Music Nerd)
Not quite sure how he and I met in the middle but I really liked his music over the last two decades. I really like his voice today, a little like Stevie Winwood.
Enjoy.
A true Love Lament


Real Aussie Flavor


A Ricki Lee Jones Cover

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Leon. Since you are a day ahead of us, I should have planned better and left a note to remind me of this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these videos. Being a top 40 geek I liked my limited exposure to Sherbet in the 1970s. But I didn't know about Daryl's solo career. Great voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadege - I just had a birthday wish from Sue's rellies in Virginia on the East Coast. That's the good thing about having friends internationally, you get two days of good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig - Daryl, I think has improved with age and so have many of our other Top 40 singers from the 70/80/90s.
    Who are some of your Aussie favourite singers and I'll see what I can find for future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind a bit of Daryl Braithwaite, I particularly like his song 'One Summer'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that on You Tube and thought maybe three would be enough.
    What other Ausie bands do you like?

    ReplyDelete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.