Thursday, January 28, 2010

Adelaide Photos

Just a few more photos from my week in Adelaide.
Some architecture and a little bit of whimsy..................

I just love windows, verandas and walls.


These scenes are from the city centre where many of the early buildings have been preserved or restored.




I Just had to have a photo in the jaws of the shark. This house was littered with many weird items from the sea.

The Cooper's Pub where each ride finished here with a pint or two before dinner - note the unusual cooling fan at the top of the picture.


Not sure what this really means but the poor fellow didn't have much of a view.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for your kind note on Avignon in Photos today. It's lovely to hear from readers I never knew existed.
    I really enjoyed browsing through your latests posts, you managed to catch some really fun images of Adelaide (loved the unusual fan in the bar and the "jaws" shot). Your funky friday photos with your son were hilarious.

    Kind regards from up there (as opposed to downunder?) and please enjoy summer for me. I could do with warmer temperatures !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that window with the balcony. Very grand.

    I envy you your sunshine - having said that, the sun is shining here today but it's very cold, only just above freezing.

    roll on Spring !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nathalie and Jean for your kind comments.
    Sue and I are hoping that spring will be well on its way when we arrive back in Paris and the Loire this March/April. Let the weather Gods be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nathalie and Jean for your kind comments.
    Sue and I are hoping that spring will be well on its way when we arrive back in Paris and the Loire this March/April. Let the weather Gods be kind.

    ReplyDelete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.