Thursday, February 22, 2018

Back roads of East Trentham

Decided to go for a drive in our latest's plaything - an MG 2003 TF. Had the iPhone in the car playing Spotify via bluetooth - Modern cars do have benefits.
The new toy

I discovered a few new roads in Trentham and some interesting architecture. You never get tired of the surroundings in the Central Highlands.

Lisieux until recent times was a B&B but now is a family home. I pass by this property on my morning rides. 1849 dates this property before the gold rush era of Victoria.

Once a church in Fernhill, today it is a private home. Every St Patrick's day there is a march from here to the Pig and Whistle pub just up the road at East Treantham. Naturally its an Irish pub with Guinness on tap.

I have no idea of this corrugated iron house in East Trentham but once I know, I'll let you know.

Again in East Trentham is this small timber hut. I imagine it was one of the many potato grower's huts that seem to expose themselves when you just happen to take notice.
Next Sunday we are off to a classic car show which is our "Pebble Beach". All the state car club will have their cars on display. We'll bring you some of the finest examples next post.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm like the car :-) Interesting virtual drive with you. I somehow cannot imagine living in a church conversion but I have watched some great conversions on TV.
    Hope you are both well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are actually several church conversions in our district - maybe more interest in holiday homes than religion!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful car.. I love the pictures, specially of the old times ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Krishna, the car is fun and Sue & I enjoy the country drives in the area. On good days only.

      Delete
  3. Great idea for St Patrick's Day holiday - from the more spiritual to the less spiritual, on foot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND, St Patrick's day will be celebrated soon at our Pig and Whistle Pub which sits on the crossroads in the middle of country paddocks in East Trentham.

      Delete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.